The January blues – that annual post-Christmas comedown – are here again. But just because the festive season’s over, doesn’t mean the fun has to stop!
While we look forward to the next bank holiday (30 March, in case you were wondering), we’ve collected some of the cutest and most laugh-out-loud pictures of our animals from last year.
1. Introducing the many faces of tapir! Although they may look a bit unusual, these loveable ungulates do provide a giggle or two.
2. Who doesn’t love a baby bush dog? We certainly do! Simon and Lola were Knowsley’s hottest couple last year, so it’s no surprise they made the cutest little puppies! Here they are getting their health checks and vaccinations.
3. If you want to feel like David Attenborough and experience something unique, then look no further than the two-headed rhino! This is a rare sight out on safari but, if you’re lucky enough to experience it, then make sure you get a snap.
4. Now the weather may be cold, but this next picture has enough warm love in it to melt an iceberg! Meerkats, cuddles and family – we’ve got that Christmassy feeling all over again.
5. We’ve made our New Year Resolutions to get fit but one of our lionesses was well ahead of the game - starting her new regimen a few months ago!